After the first week, my impressions of the school are good. The teachers and students  have a great relationship with one another. The education is very similar to the USA. It is difficult to  remember the names of the students because they are so different and hard to pronounce. They speak English all day in school because it is an English imersion school. There is a lower and upper school. Lower school is 2nd- 6th and Upper is  7th- 12th. Pre-school through 1st are  in a different building. I am in 5th- 6th special education class.We either pull out or pull in(co-teach). A difference I  notice was that students  call their teachers by their first  names and  teachers attire are very laid back. Teachers wear jeans  a lot. My teacher only has 2 IEPS but has more students on her caseload which is different than the U.S. The students that she wrote IEPS for have dyslexia. They don't have many behavior problems like I have seen in the U.S. Students are just extremely talkative, which is part of the culture here. Talking excessively is their top behavior problem. Everyone here is really friendly and asks for your opinion about certain things a lot. This has made me super involve already. Students think that we talk fast, which I think is funny because I think they talk fast in Spanish. I have picked up a few words in Spanish that help me order lunch. My cooperating teacher and I work well together and she always ask how I am doing and has made work with students since day 1. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog