During international student teaching, I have learned a lot. This has been a great and memorable experience for me and I can't wait to come home and tell my family and friends about this experience.  Since all the students I work with speak Spanish and English, my teacher explained that they are all ELL. So during these 3 weeks I got to learn about ELL and see where the disconnects are through language. Some lasting impressions are that I probably won't want to be called by my first name because I think it leads to more behavior problems because the students see you as friend and not an authority figure. It always important to ask your students how they are feeling because it can help you connect with them and help them make them feel better. It is also important as teachers to work as a team and make sure everyone is on the same page. The teachers here were all very kind and compassionate about their students and want them to succeed. All in all this has been a great opportunity and I can't wait to have my own classroom and use some things I liked down here in it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog