5/2/2019

The past 2 weeks I have been very involved. When we co teach(pull in), the teachers in the room split up into groups and work with the students they have in their group. The students have been working on their magazine project, so I have helped students with grammar, complete sentences, and writing their articles that will go  in the magazine. Students have a  hard time when going from Spanish to English when writing. I also work with one on one with the students on my cooperating teachers caseload. I pick fluency stories for students to  read. I ask questions for  comprehension. Many of our students have a  hard time keeping their work organized, so  I have made many checklists for students, so they know when things are due and what they need to put in each paragraph for projects and papers. Some teachers have asked for the checklists because it  has been beneficial for  the students with special needs. I helped with MAP testing because I helped at my last placement with it. I have really enjoyed being at the school and helping out when the teachers need it. I pull in a lot on my own and the core teachers enjoy me coming in to help their struggling students get their work done.

Comments

  1. Kelcie, I am so glad to hear about how you are using your knowledge and skills to help the teachers in Ecuador. I am sure they are very grateful for your collaborative teamwork. Sounds like you are really making an impact on the students' writing growth in English. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog